1.4
Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

My experience was so negative, with Luna’s representatives, that I felt it incumbent upon me to apprise you of the kind of unprofessional service they provided.On August 14, 2017, I was scheduled to meet with a Luna Sales Representative about getting hardwood floors installed throughout various parts of my house.

After her presentation, I decided to procure Luna’s services. The floors were eventually installed on Monday September 11th and Monday September 18th. Although the floors were installed correctly, I’m writing to express my dissatisfaction with the level of customer service and compassion I received from, not only my sales representative, but the management team in customer service and installation. When I signed the contract with my representative she informed me of Luna’s price match policy if a customer found a lower advertised price on a comparable product and installation from a competitor within 30 days.

Before leaving, Ms. Ludwig scheduled the installation of the hardwood floors for Monday September 11th and Tuesday September 12th. She informed me the project would take 2 days; 1 day to remove and replace the hardwood on my steps and 1 day to remove the carpet in my family room and install hardwood floors. I made the necessary arrangements with my job to accommodate the installation.

During this time, I informed her that I had a disable daughter who suffered from Sensory Integration Disorder to include auditory hypersensitivity so the loud noise from the machines being used would cause her an enormous amount of stress. My representative assured me she would request an early morning installation for both appointments. On August 17, 2017, I had an appointment with another flooring company to get pricing on sanding and staining my existing hardwood floors. Not only did he give me a price for sanding and staining my floors but he assured me he could beat Luna’s pricing.

After measuring the floors, the price was extremely lower than Luna; therefore, I contacted my representative to inform her of Porter and Porter’s pricing. After reviewing the quote, she informed me that Luna would adjustment the pricing for my floors to reflect the lower price; however, there would be a slight increase because Mr. Porter neglected to measure one of the hallway landings. On September 7, 2017, I decided against getting my floors sanded and stained and decided to replace them so I contacted my representative for pricing.

She came out on Friday, September 8th to get the exact measurements. Again, The competitors quote, for the entire job, was significantly lower than Luna’s. After calling her office, my representative informed me she could not approve a price adjustment this high and would have to obtain approval from her supervisor, who was currently in a meeting. She informed me that he would come as close as he could to the price match and if he couldn’t match it, he would negotiate another price.

I told her I was not interested in negotiating and reminded her of their promise to match any price. She left my home but promised she would contact me to convey her manager’s decision. On Saturday September 8th, I received a call from my salesperson letting me know her supervisor approved the price and she scheduled the installation, for this portion of the work, for Monday, September 18, 2017. The declaration below on Luna’s page, under Free Measurements, was definitely not mentioned by my salesperson or her manager on either occasion when I presented the lower quote from the competitor: “…………Best of all, you can be confident you’re getting the best price with our 110% Low Price Guarantee.

We’ll beat any competitor’s price or refund you 110% of the difference. On Monday, September 11, 2017, at 11:00 am, I received an automated call from Luna installers informing me they were on their way. I became extremely concerned because it was 12:00in the afternoon and the installers had not arrived at my home so I texted my salesperson. I reminded her about my special needs daughter and the impact the loud noise would have on her.

She responded, via text, informing me the staff was confused about the price adjustment, which was extremely low, and she could not guarantee an early morning arrival. I was baffled because she never informed me of this when the early morning installation was requested. Needless to say, two installers arrived at 1:00 pm and informed me the steps and family room were scheduled to be completed in 1 day, not 2 days which is what my salesperson told me. I proceeded to tell the installers about my special needs daughter and the sensitivity to the noise, they contacted their superiors because the job was not scheduled to be completed until 6:00pm.

Their superiors informed me that if I didn’t get the work done while they were there, I would have to reschedule for another day; however, they still could not guarantee a morning appointment. I was frustrated because my house was in total disarray not to mention how I had to rearrange my work my schedule for the 2-day installation. Naturally, I told them to proceed and I would try to work something out with my daughter whose bus was due to arrive at 4:30pm. The installers began working immediately and did not stop at any time.

My daughter’s bus arrived at 4:20pm and I had to keep her in the garage to shield her from the noise. At times, I had to take her on a wagon ride up and down my street to get her away from the noise and even had to feed her dinner in the garage. She was extremely tired because she boards her bus at 5:45 am in the morning, which I informed my salesperson doing our initial meeting. At 7:00pm, the installers were not finished putting in the floors and decided to stop because of the time.

Their supervisor instructed them to have me schedule another time and day to have the installers return to complete the hallway landing which had a sheet of plywood on the floor. I demanded that they come back the following day because this was very dangerous, not only for my daughter but for the rest of my family. I also told them that they would have to come during the morning because I could not subject my daughter to this stressful environment anymore. They agreed and came back to complete the landing the following afternoon.

While sitting in the garage trying to appease my daughter, I called Luna’s Customer Service to apprise them of the situation regarding my special needs daughter to and demand an early morning appointment, for phase II of the installation. I was told a manager was not available; however, I would receive a call back. I did not receive a call back so I called a second time on Tuesday, September 12, 2017 and I was told a manager was not available but I could leave a voicemail on his phone, which I did. Again, no return call.

I made another call on Wednesday, September 13, 2017 and spoke with another manager who assured me she would speak to the installation manager and call me back. She informed me that there were several notes, on my account, regarding my special needs daughter and the need for an AM installation appointment so she is sure Luna would honor the request. This was the third time I reached out to Luna’s customer service and did not receive a call back, as promised. On Monday, September 18, 2017, at approximately 9:00am, I received an automated call from Luna’s installation department informing me that I had an AM installation appointment and the installers would call when they were in route.

At 1:00 pm, I contacted customer service only to be informed that they could not give me any information and the installers would call when they were in route. Three installers arrived at 3:00pm and informed me that I had a balance that must be paid before the work began. They were instructed to collect almost 3 times over what I was told was my balance. He had to contact customer service and asked that I contact my sales representative for clarification.

I left a message from my salesperson; however, she never returned my call. After some time, the installers received confirmation of the correct amount. He also informed me that they would not be finished until 6:00pm; they finished at 7:34pm. During this time, I had to barricade my daughter in my upstairs closet which is incased in my bathroom to shield her from the noise.

Eventually, I had to call a family member so I could remove my daughter from the house. When we returned to the house, it was late and my daughter was tired so I had to expedite her evening routine so she could be rested for the next school day. Again, the declaration below on Luna’s page was definitely not exercised in my case: “We come to your home. On your schedule.

At your convenience.” Furthermore, underProfessional Installation, it’s written “Professional remove and haul away your old floor, install your new ones and clean up afterwards—all around your schedule…………. On Tuesday, September 19, 2017, I was furious when my daughter’s school called to inform me she had a seizure and asked if something happened the night before. I explained how stressful the last week was for her because of the loud noise and the late bedtimes. In closing, After reading the number of negative reviews, it appears this company has NO customer service standards.

Luna blatantly lacks consideration, respect and compassion. As a mother of a disabled child, I had to bear the burden of protecting my daughter from the experience that overwhelmed her and potentially could have caused her harm. I contacted customer service 3 times begging and pleading for an early morning appointment and my requests fell on deaf ears. I’m perplexed at the declaration on Luna’s page assuring customers they would work around their schedule and at their convenience; however, I received no consideration for my special needs daughter.

How is this??? My salesperson appeared to be committed to customer service while trying to gain my business; however; when the sale was completed, it was clear me and my family’s needs were irrelevant. I felt my salesperson and other Luna representatives believed the company did me a favor by price matching; therefore, I had no right to request additional accommodations. It appears, from the treatment my family received, that Luna DOES NOT appreciate nor accommodate individuals with disabilities.

In spite of the fact the installers were extremely, respectful and polite, I will never procure the services of Luna again because of this negative experience.I was misled, misinformed and disrespected by the various members of Luna’s staff which is why I am writing this letter and disseminating it to a number of information sources to warn customers before they sign on the dotted line.

Review about: Luna Flooring Flooring Installation.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Installers were very nice.

I didn't like: Constantly hung up on at customer service.

Had an Experience with Luna Flooring?

Comments

Thank you for your post.Let me first start off by saying I pray your child has a full recovery and is able to put this horrible experience behind her.

I too have a disabled daughter and I am currently looking for a good company to install hardwood flooring. My child is physically disabled and uses a wheelchair indoors. I need all carpeting pulled up from my stairs case as well as from all bedrooms and a hallway. All carpets need to be replaced with hardwood flooring.

My daughter also has latex allergies so it's extremely important that what ever company I go with, they must adhere to MY schedule..... period.

I hope this company is aware of the harm they caused you and your child!Thanks to your post, I will NOT be calling Luna!!!

Cmonroe

Dear Paula,

We're sincerely disappointed to hear that this was your experience.Our customer's needs are our number one priority, and we regret to hear that yours were not met to your satisfaction.

We take matters such as this one very seriously, and we'll be in contact with you shortly to discuss your experience, and start working towards a resolution.

Thank you for your patience.