We bought oak looking laminate floor for our kitchen and hallway from Luna. The product I was told was made in Germany with a 14 year warranty.

The flooring is ***. Do not spill fluids on this floor. It soaks up moisture like a sponge and swells up. I am afraid to clean the floor with water.

I have to use an almost dry mop to clean. The laminate chips. Had Luna come out and was told all our fault and not the product. They wanted to charge me another $250 to repair the floor.

The warranty is useless.

Buy your floors some place else. We will never buy from Luna again.

Comments

Elmhurst, Illinois, United States #788119

No matter where you purchase your LAMINATE floor, or what brand it is (Pergo, etc.), you cannot spill on it and allow it to soak in between the boards. Laminate is just that; particle board with a thin layer of wood or other material glued to the surface.

If the particle board beneath the laminated surface is allowed to get the least bit damp, it WILL buckle, peel, curl and lift. My friends pipes burst in this winter's chill and she told me they actually were able to sit and watch helplessly as the floor curled up. It was a name-brand Pergo floor. You get what you pay for; if you want cheap, go laminate.

If you want durable, pay more and go with vinyl or real hardwood. Beware if you buy cheap; Things WILL go wrong.

It's Murphy's Law. Personally, I'm going with vinyl-wood look floors.

LTCC
Sioux Falls, South Dakota, United States #785314

You don't put water on a laminate floor pure and simple.....sweep and swifer. Why and where is it chipping?

Cmonroe

It’s disappointing that you’ve been experiencing issues with your product. We can assure you that we are committed to working with our customers if ever problems arise, and we would like to learn more about the situation.

Unfortunately, we cannot locate your account with the information posted here. Please email your contact information to care@luna.com, and we will reach out to you to work towards a resolution.

Thank you. Luna Customer Support