Cary, Illinois

We bought family room carpeting form Luna last week. Our sales person was great and she spent a lot of time helping us pick out the right carpeting. the transaction went very smooth and the installers were neat and did a very professional job.

When we had a chance to take a closer look, we noticed that the carpeting was much thinner than the sample we were shown and there didn't seem to be much padding (no bounce to the carpet). I then took a piece of srcap carpeting and compared it to what we replaced (from Home Depot). You could move the fibers aside and see the backing. The carpet backing also seemed much thinner that the sample.

I called customer service and our sales person and she scheduled an appointment to come out. She verified that the carpeting was much thinner that the sample and agreed that there was an issue. Luna customer service then told us that we should wait 90 days for the carpet to "Bloom." What a crock of BS...Even with fertilizer, the carpet is not going to grow new threads (LOL). When I told them that tis was unacceptable (our sales rep supported us), Luna said that they are filing a claim with the manufacturer and it would take 90 days to get the issue resolved. This is total BS. Luna is a huge buyer of carpet and they could give us a refund and deal with the manufacturer on the back end.

I should have done a Google search before we made the decision to buy. I would have gone elsewhere, but the convenience of not having to leave the house was too good to be true...and it was. There prices turned out to be HIGH, compared to what I have recently found and the quality of their carpet is average at best.

Do yourself a favor and due the extra work before taking the easy way out and calling Luna. If my issue isn't resolved by the end of next week, I will post on every complaint site and file a claim with the BBB.

Comments

60 more days and Luna is suppose to contact us. What a crock of Shxt!

#519142

Chris:

I have already been contacted by a service manager and we are still being told that it will be 90 days before Luna can respond to our issue. This is a big crock of doodie.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know, we are sorry to hear that your new carpet does not meet your expectations. I would like to help, if you could email me directly at cmonroe@luna.com with your account info, I will get you to the correct customer service manager right away. We want you to love your new carpet and we appreciate your feedback. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely, Chris