Gloucester, Massachusetts

Just had the WORST experience with a LUNA carpet salesman. I had seen the great TV ads talking about their 70% off sale and thought I'd give them a try.

Well... not only was he NOT like the friendly guy in the ads he was a complete ***. I was just wanting to get an estimate and a sense of the company... To start off he only brought in three samples for me to see...

He began first by insulting the carpet I liked and tried to push a different one that was multicolored and felt like a brillo pad. Then he moved right on working up the "estimate". He said that the TINY bedroom I wanted to carpet would cost $1500. I about fell off the couch...

When I explained that I would let him know, that I wanted to think about it he got nasty. He said it was a waste of his time to have to come back to do the order... then he tried to tell me he could make me a deal by cutting the price in half. Even in half the multicolored, brillo pad carpet was too much $$$!

Im not an ***!!! He would not let it go and kept trying to cut a deal... I made it clear that I wasn't ready to buy the carpet but he would not get up and leave. By this time I was really mad...

but also scared. He was unbelievably rude and made it very clear that I had wasted his time and gas to drive to my home to do the estimate. I can honestly say I have NEVER had such a rude experience. I would stay away from LUNA.

I don't know if they train their people to be like that.. but I can't imagine they get many sales.

Comments

Cicero, Illinois, United States #681418

I had the same experience. I had an *** salesman come in named Mike, claimed he was a manager but looked and sounded more like a dumbbell.

He was late then took 2 hours to measure. Then he brings in the samples and I didn't like any of them. I wanted a dark cherry wood but he wanted to push some light color on me which I wasn't falling for. Then I said I wanted the thickest, shabbiest rug he had and he says why there ugly and not stylist.

Really are you going to live in my house or am I? After I finally agreed on the colors and rug that I wanted he gave me a pretty good price, it could of been a little less but then again I was doing my whole house. I told him I had to think about it because I wasn't 100% on the flooring colors and wanted to make sure I wasn't jumping into anything that I was going to be stuck with. All *** broke lose after that.

He turned into a complete *** Telling me I wasted his time and he could of been making money elsewhere. That I should of told him when he walked in the door that I was going to waste his time. Then he says he just spent $5 a gallon for gas and that I needed to sign today and give him the deposit because he didn't want to make the trip back. Well I don't know where he drove from but gas in our area is under $3.80 so I just laughed at him a d said well the gas station you go to is ripping you off.

He just wouldn't leave and me continually telling him no I'm not giving you a deposit. So he finally decides to leave after another hour of arguing with me and I asked for a copy of the quote. He tells me he can't email it to me cause that's not how they work, what a fool he was. So he writes it down in a piece of paper and don't even sign it or give me a card or nothing.

And to top it off he added another $1500 on to that price cause I didn't sign with him right then and there.

I will never use Luna for anything or recommend them to anyone. Such ignorant salesmen, and poor customer service.

Dear Plainjain,

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your experience with our employee. I'm so sorry to hear about this and that we did not meet your expectations. The behevaior of our staff was inappropriate and I sincerely apologize. I would like to find out who it was and make sure it doesn't happen again. If you would be so kind to give us your account name and number so I can look this up, my email is cmonroe@luna.com. If there is any way we can earn back your business, I will be sure to do whatever I can to make sure you have an A+ experience with Luna so you can take advantage of the offer you wanted. Again, my sincerest apologies and I look forward to hopefully hearing from you via email.

Sincerely, Chris