Ingleside, Illinois

Luna Flooring Co. and its sister company Empire Carpets Co. both suck!

I purchased Hardwood Flooring back at the end of January, and it's still not complete 6 months later! The original flooring started cracking after only a couple of weeks. We contacted Luna to have them come out and fix it. They sent us a new box of boards a week later installers came a week after the wood it and proceeded to cut out all the cracked pieces (at this point there was about 10 to 15 boards). When they went to replace them with the new pieces they found that they were wider than the spaces, so they told us they would have to come back in 2 weeks to "try" again. This happened 2 more times and the wood still didn't fit (by this time the 10 to 15 boards was now 25 to 30 boards). They decided that there was something else wrong, so we had 2 different inspectors come out to see if they could figure out the problem. After trying to blame it on our cleaning method, and the installers we told them we were going to file a complaint. So instead of us doing that they told us they would replace the wood at no charge to us, but if we wanted other types or other brads there may be an up-charge. They brought our all new cases of the same wood and when the installer showed up to start he took a look at the new wood and there was already cracked and chipped pieces right out of the cases. He told us if we had him install it we may have the same issues as the floor we already have. We called Luna again to complain and they said they would send us a salesman to show us new samples so we could pick a new manufacture. The salesman showed up with one sample with three colors of stain, none of with was the color we had and wanted. We asked him if he could show us other samples and he said this was the only one we had to choose from. We told him we didn't like any of them and sent him away. We again called Luna and told the supervisor that we were going to go to a showroom and choose something else. She told us we would have to choose a comparable wood or we would have to pay more for it. When we went to the store the salesman was very helpful and showed us what he thought would be a better quality wood and we would be much happier with it. Plus they have the same color as we wanted. So we told him okay and he told us he would let someone know what we wanted. We asked what the price difference was and he said it's definitely an upgrade and was more expensive but told us we wouldn't be charged anything for it since we were inconvenience for so long. This made us happy! He said this brand wasn't something they stocked in the warehouse so it may take so time to order it from the factory. Two weeks later the wood finally showed up at our house (an hour and a half late but better than never). No call from Luna telling us what time the next day the installers would be there. We got a call the morning of the install telling us it would be Saturday between 9:00am and 11:00am. At 12:30 we called to find out where the installers were. We sat on hold for over an hour before we even got to talk to a person. Then were put on hold while she checked to see why they didn't show up. After another 30 minutes she came back on the phone and told us there was a problem at the warehouse and they would not be here today. She told us we would have to wait another 3 days before they would be able to come back. I told he this was unacceptable and they needed to be there on Monday morning. She said this wasn't possible because all the installers were booked for other jobs. I'm not sure how this is possible since my job should have taken 3 days to finish. I told her she needed to reschedule someone else as I have been waiting to have my countertop installed and this was already scheduled for the next Friday, and since it would was going to take at least 3 days to do the floor they would both be here at the same time. She said she would look into it and call me right back. After waiting 2 hours for her to call back I decided to call back. I sat on hold for another hour and still didn't speak to anyone. I hung up and called back, instead of pressing 2 or 3 for installs I choose 6 for other option. Surprisingly I got right through to someone 1 minute later. After getting disconnected from the first person I talked to I called back again. This time the guy told me that department that takes care of installs was gone for the day and would have to call again on Monday. If I didn't need this floor finished by someone I would tell them to come get all the flooring including what is already down and shove it up there *** and I'd go to someone else and start over. Since this was an in-home sale I'm going to post on every Luna page so everyone can see it!

Update: The floor is finally finished! I only have one problem with the final install, the transition from the hall to the kitchen floor is loose and squeaks every time you step on it.

Update #2: I have to wait 2 weeks for them to come out to fix the squeaky threshold.

Product or Service Mentioned: Luna Flooring Flooring Installation.

Reason of review: Poor customer service, bad quality flooring, and Defective product..

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Luna Flooring Pros: Installers worked hard.

Luna Flooring Cons: Given the runaround, Too much to mention.

Comments

Cmonroe
#1197301

Dear Mr. Ayala,

We sincerely regret that you are not completely satisfied with your product installation.

We never want our customers to feel this way and assure you that we want to help resolve this situation. We understand that we have been in contact with you regarding this matter and we'll continue to follow up until the job is completed.

Thank you for your patience.

-Luna Customer Support