Washington, District Of Columbia

Luna came out to give me an estimate 9/4/2010. First thing the salesman told me that Luna had a sale going on, no installation fees but it expired that same day.

350 sq. foot of carpet to be replaced with laminate, the estimate was $2,800.00. I told him too high, he kept going down, and then he said if I was paying cash and willing to put a deposit down that day, he could

bring it down to $2,000.00.

I said no, I could tell that he was upset with no sale, but if he could go from $2,800 down to $2,000 it is obvious that the charge should have been $2,000 in the first place.

I had a previous estimate for $888.00 for installation, so I went to Lumber Liquidators and bought the laminate and all the accessories for $900.00. Do not go with this company, way too overpriced.

Comments

#197393

Hi Kay,

If you still need laminate floor, give us a try. Everything Floors Inc.

is a reputable company, with many refrences. We are all too familiar with Luna's business model. Your price for 350 square feet is around half of what Luna is trying to charge.

Call us if you need a free in home estimate. 847-973-8957

Cmonroe
#193759

Kay

I apologize that you were not satisfied with your Luna experience and want to take the time thank you for providing feedback. We at Luna are constantly trying to improve our experience. Hearing directly from the customer is one of the best ways to achieve that. Certainly going the DIY route is an option but there is the inconvenience of purchasing the materials and then separately finding a suitable installer. There are also additional ‘gotchas’ that you might want to be aware of such as pick up and haul way of the old flooring, installing a moisture barrier of the new flooring which could impact the manufacturer’s warranty and what if there is a problem with the installation in 6 months? Luna makes flooring easy by offering full service installation backed by a lifetime warranty. When you couple the Lifetime Installation Warranty with our Low Price Guarantee, I think you find that Luna is the best value by far. We hope you’ll give Luna another shot for your future flooring needs. We’re confident that you’ll love your new Luna floors just like thousands of other satisfied customers. If you’d like us to come back out, drop me a line at cmonroe@luna.com

-Chris