We were looking for carpet for 3 bedrooms. Luna came to our home and did a free estimate. The price was more than what we were hoping to spend, but the salesman talked us into this carpet that was supposed to resist nearly all staining (claiming it had even been in a zoo hippo enclosure and came perfectly clean) and that the warranty was unbeatable. We were pretty impressed with the installation. It was quick and looked great. The problem came about 6 weeks later when we noticed black streaks on my daughter's carpet. These marks would not come out no matter what I tried. So I called Luna. It took them about 3 weeks to send someone out to look at the carpet. He checked it, stated he didnt know what it was and that they would cut out and replace the stained portion. We would hear back within 5 days.

Three weeks later, I finally call them. Several phone calls later, I am finally informed that yes, they can replace that portion, but it will cost me $125. I asked to speak to a manager who finally said that as a courtesy, they would fix this for me at no charge. However, she explained to me that in order to actually obtain warranty service in the future, if the stain is unknown, the customer is required to get a professional cleaning done, submit the bill to Luna, they would take photos and send to the manufacturer who would determine if it would be fixed under the warranty.

So in other words, if you know what the stain is, it will undoubtedly be on their list somewhere of things not covered. If you don't know what the stain is - in short of DNA testing - they will be unable to determine what it is and will therefore not be covered.

Anyway, now 2 months after making the initial call about the stain, they were scheduled to do the repair today. They woke me up at 6:30 AM after a late night of work to inform me they would arrive between 9am-11am, closer to 9 depending on traffic. So I get up, get ready, etc. At 9am, guess who calls? Yes, it's Luna. They are stating that they were not able to get the carpet and would not be able to get until the July 20-something. I am guessing at this point that the carpet is never going to be repaired.

We had originally planned on using Luna to recarpet more of the house next year. However, I will never use them again and I would not recommend them to anyone.

Review about: Luna Flooring Installation.

Had an Experience with Luna Flooring?

Comments

Cmonroe

We’ve read your review, and it’s disappointing that your product has not been meeting your expectations.We regret the delay in your repairs, and we would like to speak with you and learn more about the situation.

Unfortunately, we are unable to locate your account with the information posted here.

Please email your contact information to care@luna.com, and we will reach out to you as soon as possible.Thanks, Luna Customer Support